Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 13: Polperro to Downderry

Back to the grey November weather today.  After a further brisk 10 miles in the company of my friend Jon, I reached my house on the coast at Downderry!  Setting off from Polperro, we swiftly climbed up out of the village and out towards Talland Bay, and on past Looe Island to the seaside town of Looe.  After stopping for a restorative cappucino, we then powered on past the Monkey Sanctuary, on to Seaton, and then walked along the beach path to finish at Downderry by lunchtime.  A gentle day, after three tougher ones, but some big walks ahead.







Now only tomorrow's long walk of 16 miles remains until the ferry point at Cremyll, where I will cross the Tamar to the Devon coast at Plymouth, to continue my walk into my home county of Devon.  The forecast is for drizzle ... now that's more like November in the west country!

No comments:

Post a Comment